Lots of stuff is coming out of Finland via Barcelona today from their Nokia Mobility Conference. Here’s a quick roundup:
- Nokia N71: This Series 60 flip phone looks a lot like a FOMA. It has a QVGA Screen.
- Nokia N80: Remember the 7650? Nokia kicks it old-skool with an updated Series 60 slider. It looks really nice.
- Nokia N92: The oddest duck in the bunch, focusing on mobile TV and pushing funky form factors.
- New Series 60 3rd Edition Phones get WebCore. After digging up a newsletter post referencing 1H2006 I’m not suprised. You know what this means: A solid browser and Ajax in your pocket!
- Nokia announces opensource.nokia.com. I’m really excited about this one. They’ve been quietly pushing open source for longer than you’d think and many of their initiatives are just starting to come to a head. Check out their page on the new S60 browser. There are also some smaller interesting projects such as an XML file patcher and a Series 60 NNTP reader.
- Here is a list of photos from the NMC event.
- Ewan and Rafe are all over the announcements, check out full coverage at All About Symbian.
Wow, that’s a lot of stuff to digest, but I’m really excited. Like Ewan, I think the N80’s form factor along with its quad-band dual-WCDMA-ness could just about make it the killer allover worldphone.