My Rackmount Server
I've got to talk about my new server somewhere, and it looks like here will be the place. I ended up picking up the server, an Intel ISP-1100, by winning it on ebay. I wasn't expecting to win the auction, but hey, I got a server out of it. I have since been compiling the other needed components to bring it online. I plan to drop it off at Coloco after some burning in.
Here are the specs of the so far unnamed machine:
- ISP1100 1U case, power supply, motherboard.
- 120GB Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 7200RPM ATA133 2MB cache (on a really good < $1/meg deal from CompUSA)
- I'd like to add a backup drive or a redundant drive in the future
- PIII 850 from EconoPC
- 512MB (2x256) Crucial PC100 ECC Registered SDRAM (CL2)
- I hope to bump this up to 1 gig in the coming months
- I currently plan to run RedHat 7.2 with Ensim on it, but that might change.
The RAM just came in this afternoon. Hopefully I'll be able to fully assemble it and begin burning it in tomorrow.