I’ve finally completed backups and have successfully installed Breezy Badger, (the October Ubuntu Linux release) on my laptop.
I ran Hoary (the current release) for serveral months before it was out and overall it was rock stable for me. I had some issues with early preview releases of Breezy, but so far everything looks great. I’m installing a tonne of updates and after that I’m going to take a look around and see what there is to see. Here are some things I am going to be looking at/getting up and running:
- NDISWrapper (done and completely painless with ndisgtk)
- ACPI support and in particular suspend/resume
- RestrictedFormats for Breezy. I need my mplayer and codec support.
- Finding and installing development tools
- Reconfiguring Evolution (done)
- Reconfiguring Gaim (done, I’m up to 8 accounts and haven’t bothered to look up my ICQ#)
- Poking and prodding
One response to “Breezy, Baby!”