Several new books have landed on to my bookshelf recently and I thought I’d take a minute to highlight them:
- Java in a Nutshell, 5th Edition: I jest about its size, but I’m going to be working with Java 1.5 really soon and this book is going to be my go-to reference on all the new syntax and the stuff that I’ve forgotten since I passed my Java Certified Programmer exam.
- Agile Web Development with Rails: A great book for an amazing platform. I’ve been concentrating quite a bit of my free time on Django lately, but in a world with 48 hour days and 9 day weeks I would be hard at work on some Rails projects too.
- LISP, 3rd Edition: I’m going to be working wtih LISP real soon now and this looks like a great reference to have by my side.
- Concepts of Programming Languages, 6th Edition: For my comparitive religion-style class on programming languages this semester.
- Creating Components: Object Oriented, Concurrent, and Distributed Computing in Java: For another class this semester that also looks like a ton of fun.