I have to dump links from the tabs in Firefox, because Firefox 0.9 (One Tree Hill) is out!
- A new release of Feather Linux (a compact Knoppix remaster) is out.
- Via OSNews, FreeBSD is in stealth growth mode.
- Joi has a new 7610 and spoke at some press conference yesterday.
- Scott Hanselman on the brilliance of Apple’s new AirPort Express.
- I’m putting XP SP2 RC2 on the laptop this morning (thanks Scoble)
- Rootprompt links to a story about TKCluster that I’ll have to look at later. I’m a die hard OpenMosix guy on the clustering side.
- Infoworld reports on the troubled relationship between Vodafone and Verizon.
- Tom Hume points to a Symbian Bluetooth Virus.
The update went well. The new default theme is a little more sparse than the old one, but I think it’s growing on me. I also like the rotating dots above each tab when they reload. The rotating dots definitely give a consistent experience going between Thunderbird and Firebird. Everything seems pretty zippy.
On to the post-update links:
- Confluence 1.1 has been released.
- pywi-fi “is a Python library that provides access to information about a W-Lan card’s capabilities, like the wireless extensions written in C.”
- Chris Heilman has fifteen pictures about fifteen pictures. I’ve never seen so much glass labware used in the development processes.
- Coverage of the new Nokia phones has reached the mainstream. It’s dumbed down blurbs from here on out.
- EPOC/Cabir.A is definitely a “proof of concept” virus for Symbian phones with Bluetooth as the transport mechanism. It is hardly a “threat” if you have to say yes to the installation. It could be a harbinger of things to come though. More coverage at The Guardian and others.
- The installation of XP SP2 RC2 seems to have gone smoothly. I don’t notice anything different, but I’ve been running a beta of SP2 for a month or so. I will have to say that wireless networking rocks in SP2.
Even more links from just before bed:
- Infoworld: HP adds Lustre to cluster offerings. Lustre.org has more information about the cluster file system.
- OSNews: PearPC 0.2.0 released. Networking works in Windows now!
- PyPI notes a beta release of Zope 3.
- BoingBoing brings news of a 5.2 quake in San Diego. No major damage is reported.
- Richard Elling talks about NFS clusters such as Sun Cluster.
- The O’Reilly Mac Dev Center introduces linking geolocation with photos using GPS and EXIF.
- Miguel shows a teaser screenshot of Cocoa# on OSX.
- Wi-Fi Networking News announces the Community Wireless Summit to be held in Illinois August 20-22.
- Mono Beta 3 is out the door.
- Aparently MS Smartphones can read RSS too.