The top speed of Ethernet could hit 40Gbps within the next two years, a senior Cisco Systems executive said Wednesday.
Day: May 17, 2003
- Congrats to Mark on his big day.
- Gizmodo flashes two new [kickass] Zaurus handhelds from Sharp. Current release plans are for Japan only.
- Kenneth notes that Firebird (the browser not the database) 0.6 (Glendale) is out.
- Ed Cone: “Elijah is learning how to create PowerPoints in fifth grade. He already sees how dumb and reductive they can be.”
- Dave Johnson released TechnoratiJ, Apache licensed, as a Java wrapper for the Technorati API.
- Charles Miller: “Agent Smith has re-licensed himself under the GPL.”
Chris Sells has announced the lineup for Applied XML Developers Conference 2003 West near Portland, OR. The lineup is amazing, the conference is an amazing deal ($295 for 2 days!), and is guaranteed to ROCK!
Update: I’m going to do my best to attend this awesome conference, though I don’t know if I’m going to be able to swing it financially.