Geolocating an RSS 2.0 feed in MovableType is rediculously easy. I’ll try to go over the steps quickly in hopes that I’ll do a more detailed job for end-user-types in the future.
- Create an RSS 2.0 feed if you haven’t done so. This can be done by clicking on templates from your main blog view.
- Click on the RSS 0.91 Index template.
- Copy the template body
- Go back to the template view and click create new index template
- Give it a name (RSS 2.0 Index) output file (rss2.xml or similar) and paste everything into the template body.
- Change rss version=”0.91″ to rss version=”2.0″.
As far as examples go, check out the geolocated RSS 2.0 feed for my movable type testblog. I assure you that the feed validates as RSS. Right now the testblog is running on a Linux development box, so don’t be suprised about any outages.
That’s it for now, enjoy.