Here is a quick roundup of the Longhorn news that I’ve seen whizz past my aggregator this evening:
- Longhorn aggregation
- Clemens Vasters
- PDC: Best keynote … ever
- PDC: Rebooting the blog after the keynote: Indigo in a nutshell: “Indigo is the successor technology and the consolidation of DCOM, COM+, Enterprise Services, Remoting, ASP.NET Web Services (ASMX), WSE, and the Microsoft Message Queue. It provides services for building distributed systems all the way from simplistic cross-appdomain message passing and ORPC to cross-platform, cross-organization, vastly distributed, service-oriented architectures providing reliable, secure, transactional, scalable and fast, online or offline, synchronous and asynchronous XML messaging.” Wow.
- Jeremy Allaire
- Avalon and XAML, Royale, Laszlo and MXML. Another wow.
- Scott Hanselman was burning up his blackberry covering the keynotes
- Bill Gates part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5, part 6. Extensive keynote.
- Jim Alchin part 1, part 2 and 3. No reboots, Avalon, WinFX.
- Don Box, ChrisAn, Jim Alchin. Emacs on Longhorn!
- Don Box and ChrisAn.
- Greg Gilley. Fun with XAML.
- Amazon and conclusion. Them web services might just take off.
- Pictures. I want to see screenshots of the new interface.
That’s all I have for now, but I have a feeling that this is just the beginning.